DS 160 question

Hello Everyone,

I am a citizen of india. I have a candian immigrant visa in my passport as well as the COPR. But I am yet to land in canada. I am filling my DS 160 form to apply for a H1B renewal. I will be doing the renewal in india in april next year as I have to travel to india at that time. I am planning on finishing my landing formalities in canada in the next couple of months and planning on using AVR to come back to the US. I am filling DS 160 and I noticed a question where it asks,

Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above?

What should I answer? Since I am yet to land during the time of application, should I say no or since I would have landed and finished my landing formalities at the time of my actual visa stamping in india should I answer yes? I am really confused..Any help would be really appreciated.

21 hours ago, reallyconfused said:

Hello Everyone,

I am a citizen of india. I have a candian immigrant visa in my passport as well as the COPR. But I am yet to land in canada. I am filling my DS 160 form to apply for a H1B renewal. I will be doing the renewal in india in april next year as I have to travel to india at that time. I am planning on finishing my landing formalities in canada in the next couple of months and planning on using AVR to come back to the US. I am filling DS 160 and I noticed a question where it asks,

Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) indicated above?

What should I answer? Since I am yet to land during the time of application, should I say no or since I would have landed and finished my landing formalities at the time of my actual visa stamping in india should I answer yes? I am really confused..Any help would be really appreciated.

Why do you want to fill DS-160 so early if you are planning to travel in April 2020 to India. You can fill after coming back from Canada.