H4 Stamping on H1B receipt number

I recently changed employer and my H1 with New employer was approved on August 22 while my Wife's H4 is still pending Approval. Her H4 and H4EAD were all filed along with my H1 on July 27th. Now we are planning to travel to India and both of us will have stamping.

Now since My wife's H4 is still not yet approved. Can i use My H1 receipt number while filling up the DS160 for her? If so then what happens with her pending H4 and H4EAD application? We don't want to impact her current H4EAD application.

Any suggestion on how to proceed will be appreciated.

20 hours ago, prasjeku said:

I recently changed employer and my H1 with New employer was approved on August 22 while my Wife's H4 is still pending Approval. Her H4 and H4EAD were all filed along with my H1 on July 27th. Now we are planning to travel to India and both of us will have stamping.

Now since My wife's H4 is still not yet approved. Can i use My H1 receipt number while filling up the DS160 for her? If so then what happens with her pending H4 and H4EAD application? We don't want to impact her current H4EAD application.

Any suggestion on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Yes, you can use your approved H-1 I-797 number to book the interview. The H-4 application will be abandoned but H-4 EAD application will be in process. And if they issue RFE you need to send them the stamped visa copy.

Going out of the country and returning on H4 is the fastest way to change the status. You can fill in the application for your wife's H4 based on your petition. Just that withdraw the H4 application that you have applied here after you leave the country. Your H4EAD application won't be affected since its separate.