Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR), Am i eligible ?

Hi - My first H1b was valid thill sep, 2017 and I94 as well and later I applied for an extension and got approved till Sep 2020 and yes, I do have the I94 at the bottom of the I797. Can this be used for AVR? if I go to this website https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search, my I94 says that it's expired on Sep 2017. I am planning for a short trip (less than 30 days) to Canada via car, Am I eligible for AVR? 
Please help

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, vishal00 said:

Hi - My first H1b was valid thill sep, 2017 and I94 as well and later I applied for an extension and got approved till Sep 2020 and yes, I do have the I94 at the bottom of the I797. Can this be used for AVR? if I go to this website https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search, my I94 says that it's expired on Sep 2017. I am planning for a short trip (less than 30 days) to Canada via car, Am I eligible for AVR? 
Please help

Yes you are eligible. The I-94 that came with your I-797 is the valid one. Make sure you carry that.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar situation.

I was on F1 OPT and changed to H1B in June 2019. I have a valid I797 with an i94 that's valid till May 2022.

I also have an approved i140 from previous employer.

I am planning to travel to visit Canada for a week.

Can I enter the US using the automatic revalidation on the basis of the i797 and i94? Anything that I should be worried about?

Thanks

Rohit

On 11/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, krdbbv01 said:

I have a similar situation.

I was on F1 OPT and changed to H1B in June 2019. I have a valid I797 with an i94 that's valid till May 2022.

I also have an approved i140 from previous employer.

I am planning to travel to visit Canada for a week.

Can I enter the US using the automatic revalidation on the basis of the i797 and i94? Anything that I should be worried about?

Thanks

Rohit

Unless you go for stamping you can use AVR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have recently received my COPR and will have to do my landing process shortly in canada. I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from October 1 2019. I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I have the F1 visa in my passport which is valid till 2021. I have two questions:

1. Does change of status from F1 to H1B mean that the F1 stamp existing on my passport is expired?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on F1?

Please help in a lot of confusion Thanks in advance!!!!

• 4 months later...