All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
h-1buser

H-1B transfer (Multiple employers)

I’m currently working for employer A. I have signed an offer with employer B who is planning to file for H-1B visa transfer petition soon. I’m still interviewing at other companies. If I get another offer from employer C, can they file for H-1B visa transfer petition?

• Can there be 2 separate transfer petitions filed by different employers (B and C) at the same time for the same H-1B candidate?
  • If both petitions are approved, can I pick the employer (B or C) that I wish to work for?

Please let me know if I should be aware of any concerns. Thank you in advance.

Your mistake is in using the word transfer petition. Nothing called a transfer petition. It is always a new non cap petition by another employer. If multiple employers want to file your H1 non cap petition, then they can and you can work for whoever you want .

On 8/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

Thank you for your input. Appreciate it. 

Edited by h-1buser

On 8/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, pontevecchio said:

Your mistake is in using the word transfer petition. Nothing called a transfer petition. It is always a new non cap petition by another employer. If multiple employers want to file your H1 non cap petition, then they can and you can work for whoever you want .

Thank you for your input and info on "transfer petition". I'm not very familiar with all the nuances and terminologies of H-1B. 

Edited by h-1buser

I have a follow-up question for both of you. 

Let's say employer B petition is approved on Sep 10 and I continue to work for employer A until Sep 30. If employer C files petition on Sep 15, will that petition face any issues, as employer B petition would be approved on Sep 10?