Visa Issues

Hi,

Presently i am on my H4 visa. My visa is expiring this August. Last year i was summoned on domestic violence. My parents in India received a call from US consulate saying my visa is cancelled and i had to travel back to India. I consulted a immigration lawyer in US and he stated that as i was summoned on a criminal case it will affect my immigration status. But once the case is dismissed i can stay here and need to get visa stamped once i leave the country. As of now the case is dismissed and also the criminal history is expunged from the court. I have a copy of the letter and case dismissal.

Presently i am traveling to India for personal reasons. As my visa is expiring this August, how early can i return? What is the minimum visa period required to travel back to states?

Thank You

22 hours ago, dp050678 said:

Hi,

Presently i am on my H4 visa. My visa is expiring this August. Last year i was summoned on domestic violence. My parents in India received a call from US consulate saying my visa is cancelled and i had to travel back to India. I consulted a immigration lawyer in US and he stated that as i was summoned on a criminal case it will affect my immigration status. But once the case is dismissed i can stay here and need to get visa stamped once i leave the country. As of now the case is dismissed and also the criminal history is expunged from the court. I have a copy of the letter and case dismissal.

Presently i am traveling to India for personal reasons. As my visa is expiring this August, how early can i return? What is the minimum visa period required to travel back to states?

Thank You

Your visa has been cancelled. You need to go for visa interview.