I-94 Extension after new passport renewal

Dear Attorney ,

My self Jagadish, I have question regarding my i-94 extension, I got my i-94 card till my passport expire date which is august end 2019 and I have a valid visa and i-797 till mid of 2021  and with the same employee too. After my renewal Indian passport I planning  to visit Mexico with valid US visa and reenter to US to extend my I-94. Will this be a problem at the time of port of entry ? and  what kind of questions may come up.  Could you please suggest me. 

Thank you

Regards

Jagadish

On 4/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, sjkumar9 said:

Dear Attorney ,

My self Jagadish, I have question regarding my i-94 extension, I got my i-94 card till my passport expire date which is august end 2019 and I have a valid visa and i-797 till mid of 2021  and with the same employee too. After my renewal Indian passport I planning  to visit Mexico with valid US visa and reenter to US to extend my I-94. Will this be a problem at the time of port of entry ? and  what kind of questions may come up.  Could you please suggest me. 

Thank you

Regards

Jagadish

No issues. You can just cross and get a new I-94. Make sure you carry all the employment related docs as well as education docs if you did Master's in US. They might ask you some questions. Also inform your employer and client. Always better as they might sometimes verify employment.