Change I797 before Visa interview

pviral

Hi, 

I am planning to visit Canda for H1B visa stamping. I am about to start new job and do not have approved I797 from new employer. I was thinking to take appointment based on my current employer I-797. Later during interview I can VO that I changed my employer and show them new employer I-797. 

Is it possible? If yes can someone who did similar thing can share their experience? 

Thanks

16 hours ago, pviral said:

Hi, 

I am planning to visit Canda for H1B visa stamping. I am about to start new job and do not have approved I797 from new employer. I was thinking to take appointment based on my current employer I-797. Later during interview I can VO that I changed my employer and show them new employer I-797. 

Is it possible? If yes can someone who did similar thing can share their experience? 

Thanks

You will need a new DS-160 filled and take that with you or get it updated before your interview date.

21 hours ago, pviral said:

Hi, 

Thanks

you will create unnecessary trouble for you there (delays). Your DS form needs to specify all details about petitioner which is submitted to the VC. They review your case (prep), just prior to your interview... 

changing your petition at the time of interview will require you to book your dates again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally did book date on new I797 didn't want to take chance. However was able to find out following

1. In Vancouver (or Canada), if you already book appointment and want to modified DS 160 form. It is possible, for that you need to cancel the appointment you took and rebook the appointment. I didn't try this in fear of losing date.

2. In other embassy (like JP/India) you can edit DS 160 form after booking appointment. You need to check each countries embassy rule.

Archived