Going for stamping while amendment is in progress

vivekg07

Hello - I would appreciate a response to my query. Please let me know. Thank you very much in advance.

I received my H-1B extension for 3 years in August 2018 and immediately after that, my firm has filed for an amendment as I had to change the client I was working with. I have a family situation in India that needs my attention. As my stamped visa expired in June 2018, I need to go for my stamping. I believe I qualify for dropbox, but haven't filled my DS-160 yet to find out. Here are my questions:

1) Please let me know if I do qualify for the dropbox stamping.

2) I checked with my firm's immigration attorney if I can go for stamping while amendment is in progress and awaiting an answer. I work for a Management Consulting firm and it would take a long time before I receive an answer. I would like to find out from anyone here if they know about how to handle this situation.

While you travel out of country and return back to USA while amendment is in pending, amendment may get approved without I-94 as I-94 # mismatches in records i.e., while you leave USA, your I-94 is no more valid. Also, while amendment is in pending upto my knowledge, many attorneys are not suggesting to travel for visa stamping. But as you have some family situation, I would advise you to check with your employer's attorney firm to take further steps.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, vivekg07 said:

Hello - I would appreciate a response to my query. Please let me know. Thank you very much in advance.

I received my H-1B extension for 3 years in August 2018 and immediately after that, my firm has filed for an amendment as I had to change the client I was working with. I have a family situation in India that needs my attention. As my stamped visa expired in June 2018, I need to go for my stamping. I believe I qualify for dropbox, but haven't filled my DS-160 yet to find out. Here are my questions:

1) Please let me know if I do qualify for the dropbox stamping.

2) I checked with my firm's immigration attorney if I can go for stamping while amendment is in progress and awaiting an answer. I work for a Management Consulting firm and it would take a long time before I receive an answer. I would like to find out from anyone here if they know about how to handle this situation.

You can go if it is really urgent. If you can wait till Feb 19th 2019 then you can upgrade your case to premium and travel peacefully.

Archived