DS 160 - Family Info question

the1

My wife(H1B holder), child (Infant US born) and me on H1B, travelling together to INDIA next month. At that point in time what should I answer for below questions,

• Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? 
    • should I answer NO, as they are with me in INDIA?
  • Are you traveling as part of a group or organization? 
    • My wife/child they are not attending visa interview. Question is should I enter my family members here?
  • Present Work
    • What should I enter in "Start Date". I'm on extension with current employer. Should I enter initial start date with employer which was 4 years back or should I enter current extension I-797 start date.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:57 PM, the1 said:

My wife(H1B holder), child (Infant US born) and me on H1B, travelling together to INDIA next month. At that point in time what should I answer for below questions,

• Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? 
    • should I answer NO, as they are with me in INDIA?
  • Are you traveling as part of a group or organization? 
    • My wife/child they are not attending visa interview. Question is should I enter my family members here?
  • Present Work
    • What should I enter in "Start Date". I'm on extension with current employer. Should I enter initial start date with employer which was 4 years back or should I enter current extension I-797 start date.

You need to enter initial start date when you started working for your employer.

Thanks shekar11 & gopalakrishnach for your response.

My actual offer letter start date from employer was april, 2015. By the time H1B approved(change of employer) and the approval notice says Oct, 2015. In this case, should I use my offer letter startdate or approval validatity dates.  I guess its better to use OFFER letter start date.  any suggestion?

Archived