Parents B2 Visa Refused

Raks

Hi All,

I need help with my current situation.

My parents attended B2 Visa in Hyderabad and their Visa was rejected.
These are the questions they asked in the interview.
1) why are you visiting USA.
To see my grandson.
2) what’s your son date of birth.
My father answered wrong.
He answered actual date of birth not in the certificates 
3) did you ever travelled in Aeroplain 
Answer is No

Then VO said we can’t issue visa 214B

Please suggest how do I prepare and what documents They need to carry 

I am scared of sending them to second round of interview.

Nobody needs to prepare anything including documents. They may like to reapply in a few months and please do not coach them. If they want to visit family and you want them to see the sights, then I suspect your dad will be able to answer their questions.

It is a strange irony that the chances seem to decrease in case of an Interview in their language and I have some suspicion in this regard. Assuming at least some English, it is best to have the Interview in English.

If you think it important enough get guidance from the firm of Murthy in Chennai and avoid agents or coaching.

6 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Nobody needs to prepare anything including documents. They may like to reapply in a few months and please do not coach them. If they want to visit family and you want them to see the sights, then I suspect your dad will be able to answer their questions.

It is a strange irony that the chances seem to decrease in case of an Interview in their language and I have some suspicion in this regard. Assuming at least some English, it is best to have the Interview in English.

If you think it important enough get guidance from the firm of Murthy in Chennai and avoid agents or coaching.

Thanks for your guidance.

5 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

to Rkas:

(1) what is your status in the US

(2) if F1, how did you arrive....B2->F1 or ?

(3) or B1 to a magical H1b shortly after arrival?

(4) a quick marriage after arrival on a B2?

The answer to the above will be helpful so as to provide a better answer...but forget papers...they cannot make a weak case strong.

Hi, thanks for your response.

please see below details.

1)i am on H1 with 140 approved. My spouse also on H1.

my son is US citizen going to pre school.

i went to India after 4 years 8 months I was in confusion whether to go India or not because of spouse extension , she got extension approved, I went to india, but I scheduled the interview before I decided to go india.

2)I worked in india and got married in India it self. My wife also an engineer.

3) I don’t have any violations, am working for a usa big pharmaceutical client with it development skills 10 + years experience.

4 ) comming to parents - father is farmer has 15 acres / poultry business land with own homes in Hyderabad& khammam.

To be honest parents can’t even stay in USA more than a month or two, Because we produce Chilli/cotton/corn this is the season in India and poultry businesses need daily attention. And to take care homes/rents etc.

He wanted to spend some time with his grandson. So he said up front to see grandson.

Please suggest me how to proceed or can I just forget/ignore a simple honest ask by father.

6 hours ago, Provence said:

A 214b rejection means the CO isn't convinced of their ties to their country.  Sending them again isn't going to change that. 

Didn't they see their grandson during your India visit last month? 

Hi thanks for your response.

i went to India after 4 years 8 months I was in confusion whether to go India or not because of spouse extension , she got extension approved, I went to india, but I scheduled the interview before I decided to go india.

i was in India for 2 weeks for his first head shave. 

Father wants to spend sometime with grand son , so he said up front he  wants to see grand son.

Not sure that may lead to negative opinion.

please suggest me whether I can schedule another interview or forget it.

7 hours ago, Provence said:

Didn't they see their grandson during your India visit last month? 

Good find.

In another post, the OP said: "I am planning to travel on July 28th and come back on Aug19 ."

Really makes one wonder what the real reason for the visit of his parents is. To anybody seeing this, in particular a Consular Officer, this really raises lots of red flags.

Let's see..

Parents saw the grandson just a month or so ago, and approaching peak business season that you say requires their daily attention. Yet they want to leave all that behind and travel to the US?  Funny things happen in hyderabad consulate from what I've heard. Does make one wonder about the real reason for the trip.

6 hours ago, cap-gap said:

OP said consular just asked three questions  and posted those questions.. why you all jumped to preaching mode and jumping to conclusions?

and how ridiculous is that third question?

The officer of course asked the questions for a reason. These are not random questions. It is sad that you don't seem to understand that. The context is important, and the context likely is that OP's father had just seen his grandson.

What brilliant logic is behind the question -- Have you ever been in a plane?  Do care to enlighten us.

A month is not 'just' for seeing and being with family. Who decides when is a 'long' enough period to 'justify' a visa? And why should it matter when anyone wants to see their family?

For the people who are indeed helping other folks on this forum, it is amazing how critical and negative and suspicious some of you folks are on this forum. Trying to dissect and analyze timelines of OP's narrative. In my opinion if you can't offer anything helpful then it's best to not speak instead of pulling people down.

5 hours ago, Ken7 said:

What brilliant logic is behind the question -- Have you ever been in a plane?  Do care to enlighten us.

A month is not 'just' for seeing and being with family. Who decides when is a 'long' enough period to 'justify' a visa? And why should it matter when anyone wants to see their family?

For the people who are indeed helping other folks on this forum, it is amazing how critical and negative and suspicious some of you folks are on this forum. Trying to dissect and analyze timelines of OP's narrative. In my opinion if you can't offer anything helpful then it's best to not speak instead of pulling people down.

The answers actually are helpful, even if you fail to see it.

They help understand the requirement to be truthful and avoid shady excuses when applying for a US visitor visa.

Real world vs. pie-in-the-sky delusions. As I always say, if you want sugar coating, get candy.

16 hours ago, Ken7 said:

COs don't merely look at the length of time 'being with family', etc. They view an applicant's credibility. 

We'd rather offer straightforward advice on how a CO might perceive an applicant based on the ds160 and interview, than sugarcoat it. As the saying goes, don't get in the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. No one except the applicant knows what questioning transpired at the embassy. Maybe they were asked about their previous flying experience, or they weren't. Who are we to do a CO's job. 

As a former CO noted above, past B2 abuses and overstays, and US laws governing NIVs authorize a CO discretion in their line of questioning. 

Right, chastising people is real helpful and very "real world".  Or maybe starting every response on this forum with the assumption that everyone is trying to con the US is very "real world".

Most people are not very informative and lack communication skills and not trying the cheat the system to live the oh-so- wonderful life on a visitor visa. As I always say with the pie-in-the-sky delusions, prejudice always has people, not compassion.

16 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

I doubt that a question was asked like 'have you ever been on an airplane?'..makes zero sense. Our laws do not distinguish the reasons behind a B2 request....and just because some applicant says they want to visit relatives is NOT a reason for issuance...because of the vast number of overstays and the way our laws are currently written (everyone asking for a tourist visa is presumed to be going to the US to remain there permanently)...so no excuse given will lead to an automatic approval, because of our laws and the abuse of the visa privilege....an applicant is more 'qualified' for a B2 visa merely because they want to visit relatives....INA section 214b applies equally to all applicants, regardless of the reason for their request. Thank the abusers for the difficulties many applicants have today getting a visa.

It also makes zero sense that the OP would not be truthful and list such a random question.  So all things being equal, I would take the post at it's face value.

I am aware of the intent of the laws but how its implemented is so subjective that I find it ridiculous. Personally I'm not aware of any Indian parents applying for the intention of abusing visa laws whether its trying to find a job or trying to stay back permanently. All most people want is to be able to see family.  

• 3 weeks later...

@Raks

I don't think it is matter of worry to you. They rejected because they had doubt about whether your father really wanted to return to country as he didn't even corroborate his son's birth date. Have them go apply again with practice to all answers. If question comes as to their intention to return to home country, he can show ties with several examples given below.

• Property in home country
  • Relatives: Other children/Grand children, brother-Sisters, Spousal connections, Friends
  • Cultural ties, Festivals
  • Job, retirement life
  • Weather
  • Need to visit USA for site seeing, grandchildren only
  • Return date, plans on return

I am not asking @Raks's parent to come up with answers from nowhere. It was clear that despite telling true birth date, they were denied visa. This was merely because of interview skills. Unfortunately in those 30 seconds of interview, candidate must show confidence on top of his/her agenda. Even if you tell truth with trembling, that can have negative effects and their is no enough time to explain. That's where practice comes into play. 

I am sure his father knows what color is his car and area of his farm. These are the questions, one need not any practice as they are futile as sideline questions and interviewer has no good way of verifying correctness of answers. Confidence also play role in that case too. However, what increase confidence? Practice on top of truth.

Firmly agree with you @Noah Lott that mere rehearsing won't work as visa officers are expert in identifying liars. 

Archived