I-130 and I-864

Hello,

I am on the OPT (part of student visa) and my wife is a US citizen.  We are in the process of filing my green card.

On form I-130, in beneficiary information section, I need to put my "Date of Arrival".  Should I put my most recent date of arrival or my date of first arrival.

For the form I-864, sponsor is my wife, as she's US citizen.  But currently, she is not working (taking care of our newborn).  I have a full time job and this our source of family income.  So can I put me as part of household and use my income to support my family?

Let me know your input.

Thank you.

Sam.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, samstrong123 said:

Hello,

I am on the OPT (part of student visa) and my wife is a US citizen.  We are in the process of filing my green card.

On form I-130, in beneficiary information section, I need to put my "Date of Arrival".  Should I put my most recent date of arrival or my date of first arrival.

If you are currently in the US, put your most recent arrival information.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, samstrong123 said:

For the form I-864, sponsor is my wife, as she's US citizen.  But currently, she is not working (taking care of our newborn).  I have a full time job and this our source of family income.  So can I put me as part of household and use my income to support my family?

You (the intending immigrant) is always counted as part of the household size. Your income can be counted as part of the sponsor's household income if you are working in the US legally.

Thank you pontevecchio and newacct for your input.

pontevecchio: Yes, I will put details of my latest entry.

I-864-A, should be filled by a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.  I am not either of them as of now.  Hence, I am planning to put my income as household income in form I-864. 

newacct: Yes, I will put recent date of arrival.

As I am working in the US legally, I am planning to put my income as household income in form I-864.

I-864, gives option to provide for last 1 year or 3 yrs information.   Should we provide one year or three year?  Does this matter?

Also, as supporting documents one need to provide, copy of federal tax returns.  Do we need to submit W2, in addition to copy of returns?

Sam. 

Archived