TRIP TO INDIA WITH VISA VALID UNTIL AUGUST 31& EXTENSION APPROVED UNTIL DEC 31ST

Raks

Hi,

I am planning for a trip  to India with the below situation.

My 1st  H1b  Visa Stamping expiring on Aug 31st 2018 and My 2nd H1b  Extension approved until  Dec 31st 2018.

So I have extension approved until Dec 31st 2018 and My Visa valid until August 31 2018.

Employer will apply for visa extension after i come back from the trip.

I am planning to travel on July 28th and come back on Aug19 .

Is it advisable to travel with my current situation. Please advise.

Your employer will file your Petition extension and NOT VISA extension after you return. You can certainly do what you propose to do. The current situation is that H1 petitions are being scrutinized in great detail and short practices which were allowed in the past are no longer allowed. In your case you have a visa and your petition expires in December. You can enter up to one minute before midnight on the day the visa expires. 

Sorry my bad.

employer will file H1b petition extension upon return.

thanks for your help.

i have another question, when I leave USA on July 28th, can my employer file H1 extension on August 1st week? Is it advisable or can he wait until I come back from trip on July 19th.

Am scared of new RFE law

thank you so much, appreciate your help

20 hours ago, Raks said:

Sorry my bad.

employer will file H1b petition extension upon return.

thanks for your help.

i have another question, when I leave USA on July 28th, can my employer file H1 extension on August 1st week? Is it advisable or can he wait until I come back from trip on July 19th.

Am scared of new RFE law

thank you so much, appreciate your help

Best to wait for your come back...

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2018 at 4:29 PM, Raks said:

Hi,

I am planning for a trip  to India with the below situation.

My 1st  H1b  Visa Stamping expiring on Aug 31st 2018 and My 2nd H1b  Extension approved until  Dec 31st 2018.

So I have extension approved until Dec 31st 2018 and My Visa valid until August 31 2018.

Employer will apply for visa extension after i come back from the trip.

I am planning to travel on July 28th and come back on Aug19 .

Is it advisable to travel with my current situation. Please advise.

Hey did you by any chance travel? It would be really helpful if you could share your experience. M in the same boat. Any help would be truly appreciated. 

Archived