H4 stamping advice : H4 to H1 to H4 : Travel while EAD extension under process

SamH1BProblems

I applied for cos from H1 to H4 and H4 EAD and both got approved until Jan 2019 (it was on Jan 2017) . Later I applied for H4 extension along with my husband’s H1 Transfer (he got Full time job) and got approval until March 2020 (Did not apply for H4 EAD that time as we can't apply for extn until 6 months of expiry).
I will be applying for H4 EAD extension on July 15th 2018 (180 days before my current H4 EAD expiry) and planning to travel to India in August 18 2018 and get my H4 visa stamped (have approval until March 2020).

Can you please let me know if there is any risk in getting the H4 visa stamped as my H4 EAD extension will be in process that time.

11 hours ago, SamH1BProblems said:

I applied for cos from H1 to H4 and H4 EAD and both got approved until Jan 2019 (it was on Jan 2017) . Later I applied for H4 extension along with my husband’s H1 Transfer (he got Full time job) and got approval until March 2020 (Did not apply for H4 EAD that time as we can't apply for extn until 6 months of expiry).
I will be applying for H4 EAD extension on July 15th 2018 (180 days before my current H4 EAD expiry) and planning to travel to India in August 18 2018 and get my H4 visa stamped (have approval until March 2020).

Can you please let me know if there is any risk in getting the H4 visa stamped as my H4 EAD extension will be in process that time.

Always safe to apply fo H-4 EAD extension after you come back from your trip. Sometimes they might reject the application stating you went out of the country which will cause lot of confusion. Looks like you will have lots of time even after you come back.

Archived