I140 processing time after change of employer.

PVS

Hello

Thanks for your time and immigration advise.

A friend worked for a company where he had his I-140 approved(approved in 2014) and he quit his job in 2016, moved to H4 status(H1B spouse).

Now he is joining a company who'd sponsor his GC.

The previous I-140 is active. Now when the new company starts his GC process, how long will it take to reach the I-140 state again? Will it be very soon considering he has an active I-140 from the previous organization or will this take 6-8 months time as it has to start from scratch ?

Thanks.

Thanks pontevecchio.

That is very clear, it 'has' to start from scratch.

But, considering there is already an approved I140 (of course from a previous employer for a position in that org during that time in the past), will any step until I140 would be faster/shorter(faster/shorter just because this person has already has an I140)? This  is the essence of my question. I will be glad if you could advise on this timeline/duration point of view to the process till I140.

Or with what you already told in your response, you are already telling me it will take it's own time by the book regardless there is an active I140 held by this person?

Thanks again.

1. Your friend can get an H1 extension based on the approved I-140
  2. He will have to restart the process all over again from wage determination.
  3. There is no fast track until I-140 which can be done in premium.
  4. Overall its 1-year process - Wage determination -- advertising - Perm - I140

Archived