H1b stamping in Mexico City

h1btierd

I am planning to go for H1b stamping in Mexico city on 8th and 9th. Any one planning in the date range? How many days will it take to get the passport back. Do we need to carry the original employer letter or electronic would work since my HR is in different city, I may not get the letter by tomorrow? I work as full time. 

Below is my H1b renewal stamping experience at Mexico city.

I attended ASC on 2/13 7:30 AM and it took just 15 minutes for the whole process. The Consular appointment is today 2/14/2017 7:45 AM. Reached there by 7:20 AM and after finishing the security security waited in the hall. The counters open only at 8 AM I guess. I went to counter 40. There was a lady visa officer. Here are the questions.

First time or renewal

Company work with?

What do you do?

How long you are working?

Then handed over the rights form and was told the visa is approved but will take 4-6 business days because of the work load. I have requested if can be given before. The visa officer said I can try, but don't plan like this in future, you need to give a week time at least.  I said sure and came back. The whole process took one hour.

The status is still showing administrative processing. Any idea how many days to take to update to issued?

• 5 months later...
On 2/14/2017 at 1:30 PM, h1btierd said:

Below is my H1b renewal stamping experience at Mexico city.

I attended ASC on 2/13 7:30 AM and it took just 15 minutes for the whole process. The Consular appointment is today 2/14/2017 7:45 AM. Reached there by 7:20 AM and after finishing the security security waited in the hall. The counters open only at 8 AM I guess. I went to counter 40. There was a lady visa officer. Here are the questions.

First time or renewal

Company work with?

What do you do?

How long you are working?

Then handed over the rights form and was told the visa is approved but will take 4-6 business days because of the work load. I have requested if can be given before. The visa officer said I can try, but don't plan like this in future, you need to give a week time at least.  I said sure and came back. The whole process took one hour.

The status is still showing administrative processing. Any idea how many days to take to update to issued?

How long did it take for you to get the passport with visa back? 

Archived