H1B stamp date on passport and H1B overall validity dates different

kpmj

Hello Everyone,

I had a question regarding the H1B validity dates. My H1B visa is valid till Oct2017 but the stamp on my passport is expires in March2017. I plan to visit India in Jan2017 and comeback in Feb2017. Since my visa stamp expires in a month (March2017) of my intended arrival day in the US, will there be in any issue at the port of entry? Do I need to get my visa stamped again while in India or do I need to avail the dropbox option? 

It would be great if someone can please let me know!

Thanks so much in advance!

11 hours ago, kpmj said:

Hello Everyone,

I had a question regarding the H1B validity dates. My H1B visa is valid till Oct2017 but the stamp on my passport is expires in March2017. I plan to visit India in Jan2017 and comeback in Feb2017. Since my visa stamp expires in a month (March2017) of my intended arrival day in the US, will there be in any issue at the port of entry? Do I need to get my visa stamped again while in India or do I need to avail the dropbox option? 

It would be great if someone can please let me know!

Thanks so much in advance!

I did not have an experience with H1B but had an experience with F1 sometime ago. The immigration office told me that your visa will expire soon and just wanted me to be aware. I told yes I am aware and will get it renewed soon.

As far as your I797 is valid for longer, you should not have any issues.

You can email your attorney to just be sure.

• 1 month later...

Archived