All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. My daughter got her second H-4 visa stamp on Oct 2021 and expired on May 2023. She came to USA on Aug 2022. Later she got her H4 extension from 05 Dec 2022 to 17 Mar 2024 and she got her H4 extension again from 18 Mar 2024 to 02 June 2025. But, she did not get her I797A form and got her I797C form from USCIS for the approval from 18 Mar 2024 to 02 June 2025. She need to travel to India on coming June & then return back to USA and she need to get her H4 visa stamping in India. Can she get her H4 visa stamping without her I797A form and with her I797C form? Are there any other supporting documents can be submitted for her H4 visa stamping? At the same time my wife & son got their I797A form from USCIS. Kindly provide the above information as soon as possible.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hi, I went for initial H-1B visa stamping in Canada and stuck due to Administrative Processing since Feb 2nd, 2023. I have prior arrest record for domestic violence case in the US. I was charged with second degree assault, disorderly conduct, and false imprisonment in Maryland over 10 years ago. All of these charges were dismissed by Judge with final disposition of Nolle Prosequi. There was No Plea guilty or fine or restrictions were imposed by judge. However, the judge gave a stet initially for 6 months and then dismissed the charges. I have few questions. Since the embassy wants to wait for 180 days, What can I do? Does these charges falls into CIMT as per immigration law? What are the chances of approval? Please advise.
  5. Your spouse's H4/EAD is still eligible for approval even if you move to a new employer. In fact, you should file an H4/EAD extension with your H1B transfer even if the first H4/EAD applications are still pending.
  6. To qualify for EB1C with company ABC, you need to have at least 1 year of management experience with ABC India in the last 3 years since your most recent entry into the U.S.
  7. If the H4/EAD is for an extension/renewal, then it should be processed with the H1B. If it is the initial H4 and/or EAD, it will not get processed with the H1B.
  8. If you resigned by email, that is your proof that you ended employment. You have 60 days from that date to file an H1 transfer petition. You can submit the paystubs and I-797 approval notice with the H1 transfer to show you maintained H1B status.
  9. Hi My son turned 14 years last year hence I cant opt for Dropbox for him as he requires Consulate Visa Interview. Please help me suggesting - as mother can I also apply for me for Consulate Visa Interview process instead of Dropbox. If not, then please suggest what would be the process to get Visa stamped for: 1. Me(Mother) with H1B Visa 2. My Son with H4 Visa - who needs Consulate Window Visa interview as he turned 14years last year.
  10. If both the zip codes fall under the same MSA then you are good.
  11. Thanks for that information! so if employer withdraws I-140 before 180days of approval - none of the benefits apply (priority date, H1B extensions, H4 EAD, I-485) but if employer withdraw after 180days of approval - beneficiary CAN use priority date, H1B extensions, H4 EAD, but can NOT file I-485, that means I will have to just get I-140 filed again with the new company, and then after approval of it, the new employer can file I-485, correct?
  12. I don't have a current employer as I am not currently working. I have taken a sabbatical break. I already mentioned in my earlier message. The consulting company that has registered my H1B is based in US and they are are no yet my employer.
  13. Hi, I am on H4 visa and my H1B petition is approved recently but my Approval Notice (I797) is not yet received. There is an SR raised to USCIS but there is no reply for a month and another SR is raised recently, not sure how long it is going to take to receive approval notice. My spouse who is on H1B is going for an extension in 3 months. Should I-539 be filed for me or not required ? Thanks,
  14. Hi, My I797B got expired long back in year 2008. My petition validity was year 2008 to 2011. Also my H1b is not stamped and i never entered to US. Also, in USCIC website, when i enter my Case No, it still says my case is approved. Request you to confirm, 1) can this petition is still valid(under cap-exempt) as i hv not utilize the H1B time period of max 6 year (initial 3 year + extended 3 year) 2) If petition is still valid, can i use and approach any employer who can transfer my petition? Thanks
  15. Hi recently my petition is approved and i am planning to schedule my visa interview.i have two dependents (wife and son) .i want to attend the interview with my wife and kid.is it ok if I attend with them .or shall i go first and then schedule thier visa.?? please help me in this regard
  16. Volunteering would only be possible if everybody in a similar position is volunteering.
  17. That university is a public university, so everything they do is financed by the State of Kansas, i.e., the state government.
  18. How do they know your email , via DS160 ? Also did the officer ask for police report ? Or u just submitted court and attorney letter? Pls advise on docs submitted that will immensly help
  19. Sri1985

Sudha

Hi I had booked my L1 visa appointment and realised that I had put my HR name under petitioner name instead of the my Petitioner name. My DS160 is filled correctly. Will it cause any issue ? Or is there a way to amend? Thanks Sudha
  20. Last week
  21. HI, I have an old H1B visa 9 through my previous employer). My H1B - issue date DEC/12/2005 Expire date- SEP/30/2008 [as in Visa].I got VISA stamped at Mumbai consulate but NEVER travelled on this Visa. In Sep 2018 I travelled to USA on L1A visa (from current employer) . My I140 has been approved in EB1 categ, but looking at the timeline i was looking an option to go back to H1B. Is it possible to use my Old Stamped H1B now and move to H1B ? My maxout is in 2025. Thanks Chandra
  22. My I-140 petition has been approved with my current employer and my priority date is 2022, but due to the significant backlog for applicants from India (my birth country), it may take approximately 10 years or more to progress to the stage where I can apply for a Green Card (Form I-485). Additionally, I am receiving survivor benefits for my son following the passing of my husband and I'm encountering various issues to get those benefits since I'm on a visa.. I'm wondering if there are any avenues to expedite the processing of my Green Card application based on these circumstances. Would it be possible to request the Social Security Administration (SSA) or any options to advocate for expediting my case with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ? None of us, including myself, my son, and my late husband, are U.S. citizens. Thanks in advance.
  23. Planning to schedule my visa stamping in august/September. So far collected all necessary documents.
  24. Here is my case. US citizen applied for my dad on May 31st 2022. I130 approved / I485 not approved he wants to go back before the greencard comes Question : can i move the greencard processing to Inida Question : if he abandons the greencard will he be able to get US visa from india
  25. Hi , I came to USA with company ABC in 2012 on H1B and then continued 10 years. Before coming to USA I worked for ABC in India as well. I left the company and was with XYZ for 1.5 years and I140 also not transferred to XYZ. Now I joined ABC again in managerial capacity. Should I be eligible for EB1C from company ABC??
  26. Hello, My employer filed h1 ,h4 and h4 EAD in regular process And expedited in premium later Will this be approved together as intial process was concurrent filing. I read about this edukani settlement and this case did say presumably be appoved and was not clear. Appreciate anybody insight on this. Thanks Venky
  1. Load more activity