All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. sshahab2008

I-140 from employer

and is the A-number same once I-140 is approved, as this is my second employer and he files GC based on the previous employer i-140? but now he is not sharing I-140 :-(
  3. Please advice me on the receipt to be used in DS-160 application for the below case. My travel plan from US to India is 09/01/2019 to 09/30/2019. (not flexible date) Planning to take the vis stamping in 1st week of Sep(09/2019). My current I-797 is valid till 10/09/2019. My new I-797 is valid from 10/10/2019 till 10/09/2022. Visa stamping in my passport already expired on 10-SEP-2018. (so I have to appear in person for stamping). If new one is used, will I get visa stamped from 09/2019(stamping date) to 10/09/22, or (from 10/10/2019 till 10/09/2022)? If old is used, will they reject that, I have only 3-4 weeks pending in the visa?
  4. pontevecchio

H1B Forgot to Submit a Copy

The need for a copy has ended quite some time back. Secondly, you should get guidance from the company lawyer.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Thanks so much! Can you also suggest if COS process can be handled online by us or if we should go through an attorney? Any links guiding me through the process will again help a lot!
  7. Hi, I am an international student graduated from XYZ University, USA. My OPT starts on July 4th, 2019. I know that working as a volunteer under a professor would help me in not using the unemployment period of 90 days. Is it mandatory that the professor is working at my University or is it fine if I work under a professor who is from a different university? Thanks in advance.
  8. siril

I94 expired , I797 still valid

This happened to me 06/18/19. The CBP office used my old H1B with an expiry date of 09/2018 [ i94- had an expiration of 09/2018] and not my new H1B which should have been 09/2019. I should have checked online. My attorney was filing for H1B extension and noticed the discrepance on 06/18/19. When he contact CBP , the first response was that they would not correct it. He then send additional information with what impact it would have , if they do not correct it on 06/19, and with in few hours CBP updated with correct date.
  9. megha0892

H! RFE : Speciality Occupation

Hi! Help needed! My employers filed an H1-B application to extend my employment post the OPT Period last year. Our case made it through the lottery (Filed under “Computer Systems Analyst”) and we received an RFE under Speciality Occupation category. The RFE was followed by a denial last year. This year my employer applied for the H1-B again under the category (Management Analyst) and we have received an RFE again. The attorney and employers are both confused as to how to proceed with drafting a response for the RFE to secure an approval. Will the previous denial could have any bearing on the judgement this year. I really need some help filing this year's RFE response! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
  10. akshaybhosle

H1B RFE response help

Hi! Help needed! My employers filed an H1-B application to extend my employment post the OPT Period last year. Our case made it through the lottery (Filed under “Computer Systems Analyst”) and we received an RFE under Speciality Occupation category. The RFE was followed by a denial last year. This year my employer applied for the H1-B again under the category (Management Analyst) and we have received an RFE again. The attorney and employers are both confused as to how to proceed with drafting a response for the RFE to secure an approval. Will the previous denial could have any bearing on the judgement this year? Also I was looking for a second opinion on the RFE response and any help around that will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
  11. Did anyone hear thing kind of scenario? LCA, Client letter, Vendor letter and MSA have 3 years as end date. Applied for H1 extension and got an approval for only 1 month. Any suggestions?
  12. stampwithgrace

DUI travel with case rejected & no booking

As long as your current visa stamp is valid you should be able to reenter the country back. If you have not received any email communication from the consulate or USCIS then you are good. Check the status of your petition on the USCIS site. If it still shows approved you are good. You can also call the National Visa Center call center and ask them to see if your visa stamp is valid. If I were you and your visa stamp was valid I would just go carefree. Issue comes during visa stamping.
  13. stampwithgrace

DUI renewal stamping with Dropbox- 2019

I am going to India for 2 and half weeks. Do you think that will be sufficient time to drop passport for dropbox. then get a 221g for a interview. Then get it approved in the interview and finally get the passport with the visa back. Ofcourse assuming they dont create any other issue ? Also what will happen if i intentionally mark the Dropbox questionnaire so I dont get dropbox and just force go for a interview as I anyways will have to go. Has anyone ever done that ?
  14. JoeF

H1b Noid

First, it is not very likely that the H1 would be approved, given that you use CPT, which is a big red flag. Second, if approved, you have to start working for the employer on the H1 before a transfer would be possible.
  15. JoeF

H1B CAP Exempt Question

No, you are not exempt.
  16. sshahab2008

I-140 from employer

finally employer share the I-140 receipt and said I-140 is a company document for future employment!!! is receipt number enough to move to different employer and retain the same PD ( it is 11/6/2012)?
  17. dhar_mur

F1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD

I am advised by my company that the effective start date on my h4 cos form can only be a max of 180 days from now. So if I want the effective date to be 5th February,2020 (end of my F-1 OPT); the earliest I am apply is in August. I do not see this info cited anywhere on the uscis instructions page. Can you help me with this.
  18. Rachael2011

H1B Forgot to Submit a Copy

I was so caught up in the details of submitting an H1B application (on behalf of my company) that I forgot to submit a copy of the application. This is the first time doing H1B paperwork. It was received on June 3, 2019. The beneficiary will have to interview in the Manila, Philippines Embassy for the visa stamping. I called in and they told me to just wait and the will send a RFE if they need it. However, I read online that sometimes you can send documents along with your Receipt # and ask them to be added on to your file. I also read an example of someone who didn't submit a copy and it got approved, but caused problems at the Embassy and they had to file a almost $500 additional information form with USCIS. I really cannot wait for a RFE because I want the worker to start as soon as possible, the start date is Sept 9, 2019 (we are a cap-exempt employer--no I'd rather not pay for premium). If I send in a copy and ask them to add it on, (1) where do I mail it to? Same address? and (2) what are the chances it will work?
  19. TR0505

H1B CAP Exempt Question

Hello, I had my H1B visa issued in October 2008 and worked under H1B status until September 2011, and moved outside US (Canada) after that. Since September 2013 I have been on L1 visa and working in the US. Since my L1 visa validity is expiring soon, I would need to file for a new H1B visa. Can someone please help me understand if I am exempt from the H1B CAP in this case? Thanks.
  20. shekar11#

H1B Stamping visa Drop Box from India

Yes, you will be eligible for dropbox. Your family can get visa using your new employer's I-797A.
  21. shekar11#

DUI renewal stamping with Dropbox- 2019

Same. You will be called for interview again.
  22. 1. No timeline. May be 4 to 6 weeks. 2. Yes, you can.
  23. Yes, you can do that.
  24. shekar11#

H1B Visa Stamping -maxout within 6 months period

You can go. No issues. No minimum.
  25. Would like to share my H1B Visa Interview Experience. Date: June 14th 2019 Location: 1075 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6, Canada VO: Visa Officer Me: Good Morning, Handed over my Passport & I-797 to VO Officer VO: Where do you work? Me: I work for xxxx company VO: Did you come for H1B Extension? Me: Yes VO: What do you work for xxxx company? Me: I work as xxxx Engineer for xxxx company VO: When did you start working for xxxx company? Me: Since Jan 2019 VO: Very recent Me: Yes VO: Where did you work before? Me: I worked for xyz company VO: What is your salary? Me: xxxx VO: What are your job duties? Me: Told my job responsibilities VO: Your Visa Approved, you will receive email regarding passport pickup. Me: Thank You, Appreciate your Time. DS-160 Status Update: 1) After stamping on June 14th 2019 (Friday) status showed (Administrative Processing) 2) On June 17th 2019 (Monday) Status changed to Issued around 11:30AM 3) On June 17th 2019 (Monday) Shipping label created and Passport picked-up by Canada Post from US Consulate around 3:45PM 4) On June 18th 2019 (Tuesday) received email from Canada Port "Your parcel is ready for pickup" around 9:30AM 5) On June 18th 2019 (Tuesday) collected my passport around 11:50AM Good Luck Everyone & Thank You all for sharing your experiences!
  26. You can answer the questions and it will let you know if you or all are eligible for interview waiver.
  27. shekar11#

H4 approval

Yes, your spouse can accompany you even if she does not receive H-4 approval from USCIS. But carry the receipt as visa officer might ask her to prove her status after I-94 expiry.
  1. Load more activity