H4 extension is still pending

Schauhan

My H4 visa got expired on 31st dec 2016. My husband's employer applied for his H1b & my h4 extension on 22nd nov 2016. He got his h1b approved but my h4 is still pending. It is six months now and the status is still as case received. I applied for i539 at nebraska. Right now i am in India and waiting for my case to get approved. I have following queries.

1. As i already left USA, can i get my visa stamped on my husband's approved pettition.

2. Should i cancel the current application at uscis and apply for a fresh visa in India.

3. What are the other options to get my h4 visa stamped.

Thank u so much for the reply. I have one more query.

If i go for the h4 visa stamping (h4 extension) with my husband's approved pettition, am i eligible for the drop box as my h4 visa has already expired in dec 2016 and i came to India in May 2017.

And should i not wurry about my h4 extension application pending with uscis.

4 hours ago, Schauhan said:

Thank u so much for the reply. I have one more query.

If i go for the h4 visa stamping (h4 extension) with my husband's approved pettition, am i eligible for the drop box as my h4 visa has already expired in dec 2016 and i came to India in May 2017.

And should i not wurry about my h4 extension application pending with uscis.

Yes, you are eligible for drop box. No worries about your H-4 extension petition.

Hi Shekar thank u so much for ur responce but i am still in trouble. My husband asked his employer for their approval to get my visa stamped on behalf of his approved h1b pettition but first they need the withdrawal approval (for my pending case) from uscis before i go for stamping in India. Then i called up uscis and they said that i'll have to send a withdrawal application to them because it wnt be withdrawn automatically even if i left usa with the pending case. They said that if i dnt withdraw my application, it will be denied. But i have heared that it takes more than 2 months to withdraw. 

• What can i do now ? What will happen if my case is denied before i withdraw. 

• How much time does it take for withdrawal.

Please suggest what should i do now.

Hi Shekar thank u so much for ur responce but i am still in trouble. My husband asked his employer for their approval to get my visa stamped on behalf of his approved h1b pettition but first they need the withdrawal approval (for my pending case) from uscis before i go for stamping in India. Then i called up uscis and they said that i'll have to send a withdrawal application to them because it wnt be withdrawn automatically even if i left usa with the pending case. They said that if i dnt withdraw my application, it will be denied. But i have heared that it takes more than 2 months to withdraw. 

Today i got new update from my husband's employer. They said that we can go for stamping but it will be done at our own risk bcz there may be some implications with my h4 visa and my husband's h1b also. Is it really that risky if i go for stamping. Please reply.

Today i got new update from my husband's employer. They said that we can go for stamping but it will be done at our own risk bcz there may be some implications with my h4 visa and my husband's h1b also. Is it really that risky if i go for stamping. Please reply.

Can someone plz reply on my above query.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, Schauhan said:

Can someone plz reply on my above query.

Hi SChauhan,

Can you please tell if you face any issue during H4 VISA stamping? I am also in same situation so it would be great of you could share your experience.

Archived