Degree Equivalency in PERM

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding degree equivalency in the PERM process.   

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Dear Attorney, I hear many people saying that Bachelors 4 yrs degree + 5 yrs of work exp is equivalent to Master's in US. Is this true? If so can you point me the rule in CFR were this was mentioned?

A four-yer bachelor's degree from an accredited program plus five years of post-degree progressive experience is considered an advanced degree for EB2 purposes. 

Hi,

I am Indian Chartered accountant with 13 years of experience. I got labor certification approved with below information mentioned in ETA 9089-

"Position requires a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or a related field and eight (8) years of experience in a SAP Finance/SAP Controlling, ERP implementation and support, accounting, costing or auditing, project management or related occupation. Employer will accept foreign credentials evaluated to be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree"

Also for question

Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable?- selected Yes.

Got education evaluation stating my CA qualification is equivalent as US bachelor. 

However I got denial notice for I140 (Previously there was RFE for my educational credentials for which we submitted education evaluation report showing equivalent to US bachelors)

I140 was applied under EB2 category.

Can you please enlighten why USICS denies the case and also would there be a better chance if we refile i140 (still with in 180 days of labor approved time) under "Skilled Category" in EB3.

Highly appreciate your valuable feedback.

Thank you!

Venkat

Archived