EB3 to EB2 ?

k2inirs

Hello Folks,

I have read all the threads with EB3 to EB2 subject...However, i have some question of my own..

My current employer filed my GC in EB3 (PD Sep'2005)

I'm with the same employer since 2003. I have total experience of 12 years as Programmer Analyst (10 years in USA).

Due to corporate restructuring, i am planning to change my employer who is willing to file my GC in EB2.

Q1) Approximately how long does it take to get EB2 PERM and I140?

Q2) My new employer is transferring my H1B as i have a dependent on H4. Do i need to file AC21 to maintain my existing EB3 and EAD that i am not using? I will be using the existing EB3 priority date for porting.

Q3) Will filling new EB2 PERM affect my existing EB3 case?

Q4) I have a BS (3 years) + MA (2) and 12 years of experience. Could there be any issues with my edu qualifications? What precautions are advised?

Thanks much!

Originally posted by k2inirs:

Hello Folks,

I have read all the threads with EB3 to EB2 subject...However, i have some question of my own..

My current employer filed my GC in EB3 (PD Sep'2005)

I'm with the same employer since 2003. I have total experience of 12 years as Programmer Analyst (10 years in USA).

Due to corporate restructuring, i am planning to change to a new employer who is willing to file my GC in EB2.

Q1) Approximately how long does it take to get EB2 PERM and I140?

Q2) My new employer is transferring my H1B as i have a dependent on H4. Do i need to file AC21 to maintain my existing EB3 and EAD that i am not using? I will be using the existing EB3 priority date for porting.

Q3) Will filling new EB2 PERM affect my existing EB3 case?

Q4) I have a BS (3 years) + MA (2) and 12 years of experience. Could there be any issues with my edu qualifications? What precautions are advised?

Q5) My current employer is a MNC (20,000 employees). But my new employer has around 25 employees and its a small company. Does the employer size matter?

Thanks much!

Archived