Sell Property while on H1B and wife not in U.S.A.

Recommended Posts

Hi Sir/Madam,

Not sure if this the right topic in this forum but i could not see anyone who could guide me better than you.

I am on H1B status and would like to sell our property, but my wife is not in the U.S. and there is no way she would be able to come to U.S. What is it that i would need from her to sell our property here in the U.S. (Note: Her name is on the title)...

As far as i could understand, i would need a POA (Power Of Attorney) from my wife, but she is currently in India(of course, i am also in India at the moment, but i have a chance to go to U.S to sell the property) and the POA forms that i see are state based and need a notary done in that state which cannot be possible.


Please help...

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.