H1B Salary issue

Hi,

I have been working in USA for last 3 years as a H1B visa holder. When I got first project in 2013, my employer fixed my salary 55,000/= USD per year and told me project rate is too low (As far I know they were getting 55 USD/ hour). They kept the salary last 2.5 years. I asked several times to increase but no result. On February 2016 I lost that project and bench period started. They were giving me less money to run pay check. On April, I got another project In New York and still now they are not increasing my salary. By the way they are going to start Green Card process. They are always telling me that word. What should I do at this moment?

do you have LCA for your old location and for new (NY) location? You should have your LCA.

Check if your salary is more than that (as mentioned in LCA)? if yes, then your employer is unfair but nothing illegal. You can always leave him and join new company.

But if you got less than what is mentioned in LCA, then its illegal. You can file complain and get difference in wage.

Hi,

I have been working in USA for last 3 years as a H1B visa holder. When I got first project in 2013, my employer fixed my salary 55,000/= USD per year and told me project rate is too low (As far I know they were getting 55 USD/ hour). They kept the salary last 2.5 years. I asked several times to increase but no result. On February 2016 I lost that project and bench period started. They were giving me less money to run pay check. On April, I got another project In New York and still now they are not increasing my salary. By the way they are going to start Green Card process. They are always telling me that word. What should I do at this moment?

Find another employer, simple.

Archived