Successful Visa Stamping @Vancouver on May 5th 2016

srik99

Would like to share my Visa Interview Experience

Interview Time : 8:00AM 

Window # 5

Me: Good Morning Sir, how are you doing? Provided my Passport, DS-160 Confirmation Page and I-797. 

VO: No Response, took my Passport & I-797

VO: what do you do for your company

Me: I work as "xxxxx"

VO: What does your company do?

Me: My company is xxxxx and xxxxx

VO: Can I see your LCA & Paystubs

Me: Sure, Handed over my LCA first

VO: Do you work for Client?

Me: Yes, I work for "XXXX" Client

VO: Where?

Me: XXXX Location

Me: Handed over the Paystubs

VO: How long you been in H1B?

Me: xxx years

VO: Can I see your Approved I-140

Me: Sure, Handed over the Original I-140 Approval notice

Me: VO gave me a Green Paper & pamphlet for Non-Immigrant visa holder rights.

VO: You will receive email regarding passport pickup.

Me: Thank You Sir, Appreciate your Time.

Good Luck Everyone & Thank You all for sharing your experiences.

Can someone answer the following question for H1B stamping in Montreal/Vancouver since I have read lot of cases of successful stamping in Canada recently.

Background:

·         I am on 9th year of my H1b. I have H1B stamping till August 2016 from previous company.

·         With current company my H1b has been approved till August 2018 (3 years based on Previous company approved l-140). I have approved I-140 from one of my previous company which is not in business now. With my current company GC process has just been started.

·         I want to go for H1B stamping for current company to Canada.

·         All prior H1B stampings I have gotten in India.

·         Also last year I have got my Canadian PR.

Questions:

·         Can somebody advise me based on their experience if I can go to Canada for stamping and how much safe it is as compared to getting visa stamped in home country(India)? Planning to go to Vancouver/Montreal.

·         Will there be any questions asked for my Canadian PR? and will it pose any risk towards GC process and intention of working in US on H1B? what is the best answer to handle this question if asked?

·         Since I do not have I-140 approved from my current company, will that be okay to carry I - 140 from previous company or it is required to have it from the current company?

1. I am a Canadian PR holder and have gone to Ottawa atleast 2 different times for my H1B stamping. Remember, they do ask for your original PR card inside the US embassy (to check your Canadian visa status). The process was smooth with no surprise questions asked.

2. No. I was not asked any questions related to why I have applied for US GC when I have Canadian PR. Get creative, if something like this is asked.

3. Carry all the documents you have from all the previous employers. Also, in case they ask for why using a older I140, tell them the truth about, company shutting it's doors. 

Remember, carry all the documents (new, old whatever) and RELAX.

Good luck

1. I am a Canadian PR holder and have gone to Ottawa atleast 2 different times for my H1B stamping. Remember, they do ask for your original PR card inside the US embassy (to check your Canadian visa status). The process was smooth with no surprise questions asked.

2. No. I was not asked any questions related to why I have applied for US GC when I have Canadian PR. Get creative, if something like this is asked.

3. Carry all the documents you have from all the previous employers. Also, in case they ask for why using a older I140, tell them the truth about, company shutting it's doors. 

Remember, carry all the documents (new, old whatever) and RELAX.

Good luck

Hi There, 

I'm looking to apply Canadian PR, can you please let me know the process?

Best,

-Tinku

• 4 weeks later...

Archived