Expired H1B visa stamping but want to use AVR


Recommended Posts

I am on H1B and need to travel to canada for 2 days ( need to attend conference) and return back. I have multiple entry canda visitor visa.


My last stamping was at ottawa but expired last year. My H1B has been extended but did not got stamping yet. I am planning to go to Calgary ( via Air) and return on Automatic Visa revalidation ( AVR) . If any one recently went to calgary on AVR, kindly share your experience.


1. Where does AVR should be used? At canada airport or port of entry in US landing airport

2. Most of forums say carry old I-94. With I94 became online, Should I carry print out or does this even matter

3. I am planning to take i-797, Letter from employer and letter from client on why I need to go to canada. Any other documents should I carry?


Thank you for your time and response.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.