H1B Stamping in Calgary on 6th April- 221g PIMS Update

chicken.nk

I had an appointment in Calgary on 6 th April , the visa officer asked the below questions , it went very well but gave 221 g form and wrote PIMS in that form:
Is this your first h1b visa?
What is your income? Have you purchased any apartment or house?
What is your highest level of education ?
Which school did you go to?
Since how long you have been in US?

Who is your client?

​when are you flying back to US and currently where are you living in calgary?

I answered these question and he looked satisfied, In the mean while He was entering information in the computer and said he could not find the electronic version of I797 in the system and asked that my employer should send it. He said it needed to get reflected in PIMS. He gave me yellow form 221g and also wrote pending photo since my photo was incorrect . I submitted a new photo again as it downstairs and I also got a confirmation email stating they received my photo. 
My employer told that they had sent all the necessary documents during petition approval and now visa consulate have to reach out to USCIS to have the PIMS updated.

My question is how long would this take to get the approval and receive my passport?  I needed to know within how much do the consulate reach out to USCIS to get this updated?  is this a quick process? What exactly they do in there to get the PIMS updated?  Is there anything to worry about in this case as I am curious for now when will I get passport as the VO gave me 221g yellow colour, in which there was a checkbox as other on which stated pending photo and PIMS

Please advise on this , it is very urgent as I am still in Calgary here.

sorry to hear that. In general PIMS process will take hardly 1 week.  U just stay calm and chill in calgary.

I have a question for u.

1. did u go to VISA stamping immediately after ur h1 approval. Bcoz PIMS updates problem happend during new h1 approvals.

I had an appointment in Calgary on 6 th April , the visa officer asked the below questions , it went very well but gave 221 g form and wrote PIMS in that form:

Who is your client?

I answered these question and he looked satisfied, In the mean while He was entering information in the computer and said he could not find the electronic version of I797 in the system and asked that my employer should send it. He said it needed to get reflected in PIMS. He gave me yellow form 221g and also wrote pending photo since my photo was incorrect . I submitted a new photo again as it downstairs and I also got a confirmation email stating they received my photo. 
My employer told that they had sent all the necessary documents during petition approval and now visa consulate have to reach out to USCIS to have the PIMS updated.

My question is how long would this take to get the approval and receive my passport?  I needed to know within how much do the consulate reach out to USCIS to get this updated?  is this a quick process? What exactly they do in there to get the PIMS updated?  Is there anything to worry about in this case as I am curious for now when will I get passport as the VO gave me 221g yellow colour, in which there was a checkbox as other on which stated pending photo and PIMS

sorry to hear that. In general PIMS process will take hardly 1 week.  U just stay calm and chill in calgary.

I have a question for u.

1. did u go to VISA stamping immediately after ur h1 approval. Bcoz PIMS updates problem happend during new h1 approvals.

Who is your client?

Last time when i'm in vancouver, my pims update took 1 day(Officer told me that it will take 1 day than normal). My friend got his pims updated in 2 weeks.so it is irrational.

Is there any phone number to call and have the PIMS update done , today also I checked my status is shows in admin processing . I am just thinking if we can call any number or help desk to have or get this reflected instead of waiting for update to happen as we don't know what is that they are doing . Or is there anything my employer could do in this case or scenario .

Archived