H1B Stamping in Hyderabad

KT0987

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing good! Guess its my time to share my Visa Interview experience in Hyderabad.

OFC Appointment: 04/05/2016, 4:30 PM

Date & Time of the Interview: 04/06/2016, 11:00 AM

I went there with my backpack and was told we cannot take it in and have to put all the stuff I have (Backpack, Phone, Wallet, Digital Watches, etc.) in a locker opposite to the Consulate.

I was there at the entrance by 10:15 AM, stood in the line for 5 minutes and was asked to show my Passport and DS-160 Confirmation page for verification purposes.

I was then pointed to a waiting area after that, waited for 10-15 minutes there and was taken to another area for screening. Placed all my belongings (including my belt and watch) in a container to pass through the scanner.

Waiting Areas: There were 2 waiting areas, that took the bulk of the time of my visit.

Waiting Area 1: I was given the Know Your Rights booklet (just to read and know stuff), was called after 10 minutes to go to a counter to verify the Finger Prints (Note: I had my OFC appointment yesterday at the Hyderabad VAC). Then was asked to wait in another Waiting Area.

Waiting Area 2: After waiting for 10-15 minutes, I was called to get to the final line where I was given the Token Number.

Finally, they called my Token Number and I was assigned a Window to go to. I went there, stood in the line and then came my turn, thats how the interview started.

ME: Good Morning, How are you doing?

VO: Good Morning.

VO: Who is your Employer?

ME: Told

VO: How long have you been working for your Employer?

VO: What is your designation?

VO: What is your Annual Income?

ME: Told (LCA Amount)

VO: Who is your Client?

VO: What is your Highest Educational Qualification?

VO: Your Visa is Approved.

ME: Thank you.

The VO did keep my passport only. It was a good experience overall. The interview lasted less than 10 seconds literally. I did prepare well for this one (worked hard in arranging the file and stuff, lol) but not a single document was asked. Good Luck and Cheers guys :D!

Thanks

Archived