Visa approved after interview but shows Administrative Processing

romamehta87

Hi,

This is follow up of my previous post about H1-B visa getting approved in Vancouver, Canada on 21 March. My interview went great and the officer told me that my visa is approved and I will get my passport back in 3-5 business days. Today morning when I checked my status online, it shows "Administrative Processing" - Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

I am not sure why this status appeared even after my visa was approved. Can anyone please advice as to what should I do now? The embassy is not picking up any calls. I will personally go and visit them this afternoon, not sure if they would have any answers. I am confused.

Hi,

This is follow up of my previous post about H1-B visa getting approved in Vancouver, Canada on 21 March. My interview went great and the officer told me that my visa is approved and I will get my passport back in 3-5 business days. Today morning when I checked my status online, it shows "Administrative Processing" - Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

I am not sure why this status appeared even after my visa was approved. Can anyone please advice as to what should I do now? The embassy is not picking up any calls. I will personally go and visit them this afternoon, not sure if they would have any answers. I am confused.

I am also getting the same message even the Visa Officer told that is is Approved. I went to Hyderabad Consulate

He NCFAST , for the first few days it would show administrative processing but it will soon change to approved status . will u please share ur visa interview experience so others can be benifited by ur visa interview experience

I am also getting the same message even the Visa Officer told that is is Approved. I went to Hyderabad Consulate

Archived