Re-Entering into the USA using L1 visa

krishnar

Hi, 

I was on L1 visa earlier and I had to quit my job when I went to India last year. So, got my H4 stamped and currently I am on H4 visa.

I have received an offer from the employer for whom I worked earlier and I am planning to join them using my L1 visa (my passport still has L1 visa which is valid till June 2017) . As I am on H4 visa it looks like I need to re enter into the USA using my L1 visa to get the updated I94. 

Here is what I am planning to do:

1) Enter into mexico (near san diego) by foot. I dont think I need to show any visa to enter into mexico

2) Re enter into the USA by showing my L1 visa (I have my L1 petition set, offer letter, valid passport with L1 visa on it)

My question is:

1) Which visa I need to show them while entering into mexico if it all I am asked to do?

2) As there is no need for stamping, I just need to wait in line to meet the immigration officer to get my I94?

3) I was going through http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/87654-successful-h1b-h4-visa-stamping-in-tijuana-mexico-march-2015/ where user talks about buying I94 card.. I assume it is issues online these days? 

4) Any other documents do I need to carry?

Please advise. 

-Krishna

Archived