Software Engineering Manager - Labor and PERM?

Hello All, 

I am currently working as a Lead Engineer and have more than 10 years experience.

I have an offer from a company for Software Engineering Manager. 

I would like to know if a Labor and PERM for that position would go smoothly. The position will lead software development and manage direct reports(Software Engineers).

Do I need any prior experience as an Engineering Manager(for experience letters) for PERM/I140 to move on with No Problem? 

Please help me understand so I can make a decision on this offer.

Thanks,

PS :****In the past I was a Business Analyst and Labor did not pass the Labor Market test as they found someone who is a citizen during recruiting. I moved back to a Engineering (by switching companies) and received a I-140. *****

• 2 weeks later...

The rules are the same. They need to advertise the position, and if somebody qualified applies, it would be over.

That's how the GC process works.

In other words, it is never a sure thing. There is no "smooth" stuff in life. I am surprised that you haven't understood that yet, claiming to have lots of experience...

Hi JoeF, 

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for emphasizing on "smoothly" .

What I am more concerned is about "if prior experience in title "Software Engineering Manager"" is needed or not for proceeding with the offer.

Do I need any prior experience as an Engineering Manager(for experience letters) for PERM/I140 to move on with No Problem? Basically, I do not have that title ever. Is that a red flag?

Thanks,

Archived