Labor, 140 with old company and working for another company now

Hello all,

My labor, 140 got approved when I used to work with company A. After that i have moved to another company B(H1 transfer). Currently Company B holds my H1 Visa and 2 months back applied for Labor. It is still in process. Now my priority date with company A is current. The job is very secure with Company B. So I don't want to change it. Therefore my question is can i apply 485 with company A (it still holds my 140) while working with Company B. I know it is not advisable to do this way. What could be my potential issues. Good or bad or dont or can, please advise....

please consult a lawyer.

GC is for future employment so you can apply I-485 based on approved I-140 of company A, you will need to work for company A once I-485 gets approved.

Originally posted by leo131977:

Hello all,

My labor, 140 got approved when I used to work with company A. After that i have moved to another company B(H1 transfer). Currently Company B holds my H1 Visa and 2 months back applied for Labor. It is still in process. Now my priority date with company A is current. The job is very secure with Company B. So I don't want to change it. Therefore my question is can i apply 485 with company A (it still holds my 140) while working with Company B. I know it is not advisable to do this way. What could be my potential issues. Good or bad or dont or can, please advise....

Archived