Hyderabad Consulate Visa Interview

sandeep1107

Hello,

I am on H1B and attended the visa interview at hyd consulate along with my wife ( H4).

The VO asked three questions

1) Who is your petitioner?

2) Who is your client?

3) Where do you live?

After that he said that he needs to receive an electronic copy of my I797 from my employer and they do not have it with them. The VO did not give any slip (pink/white/green)  to consider this as a query.

The VO did take a photocopy of my I797 and said it might take 2 days to 2 weeks to have an update on my visa status. My  I797 was approved in 2014 and this is my third extension with same employer.

Is this a familiar issue ? Did any one face this type of query before?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thankyou for your reply.

I looked up online/google regarding PIMS and it looks like the PIMS update would be an issue if one attends an interview immediately after getting an I797 approval. My H1B extension was approved in Oct2014 and its been almost 1.5 years since the approval. Does it still take this long for PIMS to be updated? Is there a way that I can check myself if PIMS has been updated?

I have inquired our attorney regarding sending I797 copies to Kentucky Consulate for PIMS update and currently waiting for his reply.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thankyou for your reply.

I looked up online/google regarding PIMS and it looks like the PIMS update would be an issue if one attends an interview immediately after getting an I797 approval. My H1B extension was approved in Oct2014 and its been almost 1.5 years since the approval. Does it still take this long for PIMS to be updated? Is there a way that I can check myself if PIMS has been updated?

I have inquired our attorney regarding sending I797 copies to Kentucky Consulate for PIMS update and currently waiting for his reply.

Please let me know.

Thanks

You got nothing to do. Just wait...

Hi rahul i see you responding to lot of Immigration questions on this forum.

I have a general question may be related to PIMS.

my employer is the process of working on My h1 extension. After my h1 extension is approved and i have the documents in my hand i would like to go for H1 visa Stamping.  

1.How soon i can go to h1 visa stamping for my h1 Extension Approval.

2. Is there a way to know if PIMS for my case is cleareed before i go to stamping.

That's called PIMS, for more info use google.

Archived