CPT after second masters

SAbbas

I did masters, received OPT, and completed H1 time limit. Currently I am outside the US.

Now I want to apply for another masters in a different field. I also know that I will not receive second OPT since I am not going to higher degree level.

But if I am enrolled in the second matters, would I be able to receive CPT instead?

No, you can't "receive CPT instead."

CPT is only for work as an integral part of the curriculum.

No real university would give out CPT to somebody just signing up, anyway.

And signing up with a fraud institution would kill your future in the US.

Stay away from CPT, stay away from any "university" that advertises CPT. They are all frauds.

I am not talking about any "fraud institution". I am asking if I come to US for second masters to study full time in a " not-a-fraud-institute ", then will I have any problem working part-time on CPT, if that " not-a-fraud-institute " has internship as part of their course work? All this scenario advice, keeping in mind that I did another matters earlier and utilized OPT and H1 limit.

Now, can you answer the question without making assumptions about me intent?

Thanks.

Hello Rahul, I want to study AND work on CPT, for the amount of time legally allowed by the institute. I know that there is no problem in the above scenario for most people (after all, that is what CPT is for). My concern is specific to my previous masters.

Hello Rahul, I want to study AND work on CPT, for the amount of time legally allowed by the institute. I know that there is no problem in the above scenario for most people (after all, that is what CPT is for). My concern is specific to my previous masters.

That is NOT possible.

CPT is ONLY for work as an integral part of the curriculum, like an internship.

Other than that, it is NOT allowed. Period.

F1 is not for study and work, its just for study. Do not think in that way, do you know students were arrested and deported for working in CPT illegally?

CPT is not for employee's to work full time. Forget about this CPT ****, this will kill your career and you will be deported if get caught.

I am not talking about any "fraud institution". I am asking if I come to US for second masters to study full time in a " not-a-fraud-institute ", then will I have any problem working part-time on CPT, if that " not-a-fraud-institute " has internship as part of their course work? All this scenario advice, keeping in mind that I did another matters earlier and utilized OPT and H1 limit.

Now, can you answer the question without making assumptions about me intent?

Thanks.

If the University, or more specifically, the course, has internship as an integral requirement towards obtaining the degree, then there should not be a problem in obtaining CPT authorization for the duration of the internship.

If the University, or more specifically, the course, has internship as an integral requirement towards obtaining the degree, then there should not be a problem in obtaining CPT authorization for the duration of the internship.

That kind of thing is very rare, and it certainly wouldn't be advertised to new students.

It would just be something that's required for the course, and the university would work with the students and local companies to provide the internship.

That kind of thing is very rare, and it certainly wouldn't be advertised to new students.

It would just be something that's required for the course, and the university would work with the students and local companies to provide the internship.

That's precisely what I meant - Course has internship as an integral requirement that gets counted towards obtaining the degree. 

That's precisely what I meant - Course has internship as an integral requirement that gets counted towards obtaining the degree. 

As I said, that is very rare. If you were attending a university where that's required, you most likely wouldn't even post here, because you would only find this kind of stuff out when you take the particular course that requires it.

And the universities where this is done are generally top-level institutions.

And further, you would not "study and work", what you said you wanted to do. This is study, the internship is only part of studying.

Your statement that you want to "study and work" indicates that you are not looking into studying where a course may require an internship, but that you are looking into fraud use of CPT.

Later trying to make it look better doesn't work...

As I said, that is very rare. If you were attending a university where that's required, you most likely wouldn't even post here, because you would only find this kind of stuff out when you take the particular course that requires it.

And the universities where this is done are generally top-level institutions.

And further, you would not "study and work", what you said you wanted to do. This is study, the internship is only part of studying.

Your statement that you want to "study and work" indicates that you are not looking into studying where a course may require an internship, but that you are looking into fraud use of CPT.

Later trying to make it look better doesn't work...

I am not the one who did the OP.

All I meant was if a course needs an internship - that gets counted as credits towards the degree, then a CPT for the duration of the internship wouldn't be a problem. The university I went to, had a course that required students to do an internship and the school helped the students get an internship and the necessary paper work.

I agree with you on the "study and work" part. That is abuse of CPT.

Archived