L1A to L2 Conversion


Recommended Posts

I have a query to ask related to non-immigration status conversion of my wife & kid


Currently I’m in United States with non-immigrant L1B visa and my wife is also in US on L1A non-immigrant visa ( by different employer than mine), I have 6 year old kid who is on dependent visa (L2) of my wife’s visa.

My wife want to leave a job & want to convert her non-immigration status to L2 i.e. dependent visa on my L1B visa.


Query : for conversion of L1A to L2 status does my Wife & Son need to travel to India or they can get the "change of status" for now & get the visa stamping whenever they travel to India).


Please advise.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.