in H1B Extention - transfer to L1A/B

james01

Hi,

I am on H1B since long time on & off to US with same H1B petition.

I have transferred my H1B to employer B from employer A (9 months) and worked for 4 years then filed for transfer to employer C(worked for 3 months) but not transferred due to employee and employer relationship then went back to home country and joined in employer D, after few years again joined with same employer B in my home country and filed my H1B extension in CAP exempt  quote got approved for 11 months then travelled (after 1 year 3 months with employer B in home country as a manager) to US with same employer B as a manager , now filed H1B extension around 4 months back

I may get 7 months extension (till July/Aug) if they consider my previous stay , however not sure when I get approvals ,if we consider current processing time it may take 3 to 4 more months  so  I may have a chance to stay  3 to 4 months after approval considering no RFE.

Now my question is
1) can I request my employer (B) to file L1A/B or wait for H1B extension approvals? employer may take 2 months to file once requested.
2) If I file L1 petition any chance of rejection as my H1b extension under process?
3) Any impact on my H1B extension petition if i file L1 now
4) should I go out of country after L1 approvals?

Please suggest.

Thank you very much in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you for your response, buy my question was any issues if i file petition for L1A/B when H1B extension is in process.

Can any one please help me 

Looks like you did not understand. If you have stayed in US on H1B for 5 years you are not eligible for L1B unless you stayed outside US for a year after which a L1B petition can be filed. If you fulfill L1A requirements then a COS can be filed.

Archived