H1B extension with I 140 approved

SoniaH

Hi All,

I have I 140 approved (2012 priority) with my current employer and I am in my 8th year of H1B. I have H1B valid until 2018.

1. I would like to switch my employer now, considering my current employer does not revoke   my I 140, will I be eligible for 3 year extension with my new employer? or is it just 1 year?
  2. I was told by many that I would be given only 1 year extension with new employer as he does not hold my I 140. Is this true?
  3. What situations does 1 year is issued? I am concerned as I would be having only 1 year to get my new I140 approved with new employer for my next extension, if that's the case.

Please respond.

Thanks!!

Thank you! that helps.

Also, could you please let me know what all documents I need to gather from my current employer before switch my company. Related to I 140 approval or any other documentation that needed for the future Green card processing purpose. I just have the original I 797 form with me for the current H1B extension.

Thank you! that helps.

Also, could you please let me know what all documents I need to gather from my current employer before switch my company. Related to I 140 approval or any other documentation that needed for the future Green card processing purpose. I just have the original I 797 form with me for the current H1B extension.

Collect every document you can.

Archived