Concurrent filing of H1B + H4 + H4 EAD

Sankar15

Hi,

I am currently on L1 and my wife on L2 with EAD. She is currently working.

I (My employer) am planning to apply a H1B CAP petition and H4 and H4 EAD for my wife this coming April using COS (change of status) all in one package. I guess I can concurrent file new H1, H4 and H4 EAD [http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/faqs-employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses]

We are going ahead with premium processing for this. We want to have no disruption to her work while we change in this process.

I have couple of questions regarding this. If I get picked up in lottery:

- When can I expect my wife's H4 EAD? Does USCIS start H4 EAD processing after October 1 st when her status changes to H4?

- Or If they process for H4 EAD once they can adjudicate H1 and H4 (say around Late may or Early June), does the interim EAD clock start then?

I just want to make sure that there is not disruption to her work in this process.

Thanks

Ping.

Hi,

I am currently on L1 and my wife on L2 with EAD. She is currently working.

I (My employer) am planning to apply a H1B CAP petition and H4 and H4 EAD for my wife this coming April using COS (change of status) all in one package. I guess I can concurrent file new H1, H4 and H4 EAD [http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/faqs-employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses]

We are going ahead with premium processing for this. We want to have no disruption to her work while we change in this process.

I have couple of questions regarding this. If I get picked up in lottery:

- When can I expect my wife's H4 EAD? Does USCIS start H4 EAD processing after October 1 st when her status changes to H4?

- Or If they process for H4 EAD once they can adjudicate H1 and H4 (say around Late may or Early June), does the interim EAD clock start then?

I just want to make sure that there is not disruption to her work in this process.

Thanks

Archived