H1b cap-exempt to cap-subject after six years on h1b


Recommended Posts

I have been working on H1b for more than six years. Currently I am on my h1b extension beyond 6th year based on I-140 processing. When my h1b was applied it wasn't counted against cap as my employer is cap exempt. I know that only way to get more than 6 years is only when I leave country for a year and come back or based on green card processing but my question is -  can I switch jobs to cap subject employer and apply for another 3 year H1b without leaving country? 

Thanks in advance

Link to comment

Hey JoeF,


Thanks for your response. I understand the process but my question is whether I am even qualified for that process at this time, since I already used up 6 year H1b with cap exempt employer. (please refer my first thread in this post to understand my status better).



Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.