EB1A I-140 Approved, EAD Job Change

layla2015

I have an urgent question and am panicking over this. So please help. I am a biomedical research scientist. My EB1A I-140 was approved in the Alien with Extraordinary Ability category. I also got an EAD but my I485 is pending. My lawyer initially said that I could change employers as long as my field of expertise remained the same. So I resigned from my current job after accepting a position that is within the field of my expertise but not lab research---editing and reviewing research manuscripts and protocols in my field of expertise. Now my lawyer says my position should be related to research (which it is). I also read online posts that say job title should remain same while changing job on EAD. Some say as long as the job is in the field of expertise, it is ok to change jobs. Which of these is true? I need legal advice about this because my lawyer is either vague or keeps changing his opinion. Will my new job as editor in my field of expertise affect my I485? Can I do anything to prevent this? What are my options or possible solutions if this is a problem? I also have my EB2-NIW I140 approved. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived