H1B 797 Expiring in Jan 2015 - No Stamping

NCJS

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for looking into this. This post is critical and your value able advise will be much appreciated.

Background:

I have a 797 approved till Jan 13, 2016. I was in US till Feb 2015 and came back to India for a short vacation. However, I could not go back as I got 221G while H1B stamping interview in New Delhi. I submitted the documents but in nov 2015, I received a letter saying that USICS cannot issue me a visa. In all, my employer (e-verified) did not supported me with any documentation apart from companies documents such as tax filing etc. I also didn't have the client letter and it was EVVVC model. 

Question:

I am looking for a new employer to get a new project as the previous employer mentioned above did not wanted to market me and get a new project as I was in India.

1. Will I be considered as H1B cap exempt even after my 797 expires in Jan 2016? If yes, for how long? I have stayed on H1B status for about 28 months.

2. The new employers are asking ME to pay the H1B fees and that too in cash. I know it is not legal but Is it safe and can they be trusted? Please share your experiences, if anyone has done that and got success.

I have left with very less days. So, quick and relevant responses will be appreciated. I can be reached at my email as well i.e. cjssharma@gmail.com

Thanks

Thank you for your legit responses.

So, this coming February i.e. in 2016, It will be a year since I came to India from US. As mentioned earlier, I have stayed in US on H1B around 28 months. If I go back before or after of February 2016, How will be the calculation done? 

> Will it be counted as fresh start of 6 years if I go after Feb 2016? or will it be calculated where I left of i.e. 28 months?

> For how long, I will be considered to be cap exempt? For example, if I have this petition with my employer expiring Jan 2016 and I don't get a employer to file a new petition until 2020, Will I still be considered as cap exempt?

You would only get the remainder time.

For the clock to reset, you would have to be outside the US for at least a year and then a new H1 under the quota can be filed.

And avoid anything with middle vendors. That's nowadays a road to a denial.

Please please please...Please help me understand only one thing.

The responses are little confusing. I apologize for not understanding your thoughts.

As I mentioned earlier, It will already be 1 year in Feb 2016 that I will be out of United States. My 797 approval is valid til Jan 13th 2016.

??  If I do not get any employer (new petitioner) before both, Jan 2016 and Feb 2016, Will I be still considered as CAP EXEMPT after Jan 2016 and Feb 2016??

The responses are little confusing. I apologize for not understanding your thoughts.

As I mentioned earlier, It will already be 1 year in Feb 2016 that I will be out of United States. My 797 approval is valid til Jan 13th 2016.

??  If I do not get any employer (new petitioner) before both, Jan 2016 and Feb 2016, Will I be still considered as CAP EXEMPT after Jan 2016 and Feb 2016??

If you haven't used all the time, and you have been abroad for at least a year, you have two options:

1. Have a cap-exempt H1 filed and get the remainder time,

2. Have an H1 filed under the cap and get the full 6 years.

Yes, you will be considered cap exempt.

Archived