H4 Visa approved - Need to change name in passport to include Spouses name

krr1812

Hello,

My wife H4 VISA is approved and has been received.

She would like to have a "WORD" from my first name included in her "Given Name".

1. If we apply for new passport to reflect this change, will need to go for another VISA Interview?

2. Any ideas and suggestions to help us out in our situation?

3. if we have positive answers for #1 & #2, another question i have is, can she have the name changed only in the "Given Name" and leave the Surname as is?

please reply asap, as our travel date is approaching fast (2 weeks from now), quick reply to this post would be really appreciated! thanks in advance.

Is this mandatory? Can't she do it when applying for PP renewal? Why unnecessary headache when your travel date is less than 2 weeks.

Her PP Renewal is like atleast 10 years from now. Without the passport reflecting the "Given Name" that we are trying to include, all her US Documents (SSN, EAD (in future)..etc) will never be bale to get updated.

What is the best way out of this situation? I have chance to postpone my travel dates. Please advise.

Her PP Renewal is like atleast 10 years from now. Without the passport reflecting the "Given Name" that we are trying to include, all her US Documents (SSN, EAD (in future)..etc) will never be bale to get updated.

What is the best way out of this situation? I have chance to postpone my travel dates. Please advise.

You need to get her a new PP with the updated info and I guess that new PP will not have H4 VISA on it so she has to carry both PP every-time. Do you think this is easy?

Archived