Immigration Holiday Wish List

Attorney_22

2015 has been year of many ups and downs. There have been changes to the immigration field, both positive and negative, that give with the right hand and take with the left; there have been revisions to the visa bulletin, priority date movement, retrogression and stagnation; increased employment authorization and increased delays; and adjudication trends that deny previously acceptable practices. Overall it has been a roller coaster and we hope you have found the information contained on our website and forum helpful, and that you let us be of future assistance for you and your family.

We at the Murthy Law Firm wish all of you a wonderful holiday season and we hope 2016 brings you happiness and health.

As we near the end of the year we would like to make a list of our immigration holiday wishes, I will go first:

-I would like to see an I-140 EAD rule that provides simple, straightforward, and broad eligibility criteria.

Few from my wish lists:

1. USCIS should follow UK's Tier 2 visa allotment system where equal numbers of visa are allotted each month from the 65,000 cap available every fiscal year.

2. If a cap subject H1B petition was filed and the petitioner/beneficiary does not utilize it within a particular period it should return to the availability pool.

3. A distribution of visas in STEM field is essential thus preventing one field from grabbing all available visas in a fiscal year.

Archived