H4-EAD renewal pending - can i continue working?

metallicatony

I'm planning to renewal my wife's H4EAD. I would like to confirm whether she can continue working while the renewal is in pending status? 

As per the official instructions (below within ######), it looks like she can continue working. Could anyone please confirm? 

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temp... 

Validity of Employment Authorization 
------------------------------------------ 
You will not be authorized to work until USCIS approves your Form I-765 application. Once your employment authorization is approved, the expiration date on your EAD will likely be the same date as the expiration date on your most recent Form I-94 indicating your H-4 nonimmigrant status. ###### You are only authorized to work through the expiration date on your EAD. If you still will be eligible for work authorization after that date, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting another Form I-765. ###### You cannot file for a renewal EAD more than 120 days before your original EAD expires.

Did you not file for EAD renewal 3 months before the EAD expiry? 

Process is (taking into consideration the current processing time) - Apply H1B extension in premium 4 months before H1B expiry

adn then Apply for H4 EAD

Even then there have been cases where H4 EAD is approved in 5-6 months so you can't really be sure about these timeframes

• 1 month later...

Archived