Change of spouse middle name & surname after marriage - Indian passport...

sameer24p

Hi,
I wanted to check on the procedure to change my spouse's middle name and surname on her Indian passport (i.e. to reflect my own name & surname respectively), we have the marriage certificate. I checked on the BLS website, it lists the procedure only for name change i.e. maiden name to married - > the AFFIDAVIT TO BE SUBMITTED FOR CHANGE OF NAME BY WOMAN APPLICANT CONSEQUENT UPON MARRIAGE.

Do I need to submit the above affidavit, or does this process involve advertising the name change in US & India newspapers. Appreciate any inputs on the same.

My name on passport: P S P
Spouse's current name on passport: S J K --> (J - Spouse's father's maiden name ; K - Spouse's family name before marriage)
Required spouse's name on passport: S P P

Thanks & Regards

So basically do I have to just fill out the affidavit -> http://www.blsindia-usa.com/passport...fNameWoman.pdf , get it notarized and submit with other documents during passport renewal. OR the procedure below needs to be done as mentioned on the BLS website:

Change of name (ADDITION OF LAST NAME OR ANY CHANGE IN FIRST OR MIDDLE NAME) is required to be advertised in two daily newspapers, one in USA and another in India (being circulated in the area of applicant’s permanent and present residence in USA).

Appreciate your help.

Archived