Urgent Reply-Travel to India When OPT stem extension is pending

Keerthi kumar

Hello,

I have planned to fly on Dec 25th 2015 and will return back on Jan 17th 2016.

Currently I am on OPT which expires on FEB 9th 2016. Also, I have applied for STEM OPT extension which is in pending and case was received to USCIS on Nov 12th 2015.

I have all required documents ie. OPT i20, offer letter, employement letter,EAD (unexpired), Valid passport and Unexpired F1 visa.

My Question is:

1. Is it safe to travell in above dates?

2. While I am coming back will immigration will stop as there are only 20 days left for OPT to expire. all though OPT stem extension is in process?

Can you please reply at the earliest.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I need to travel to India on January 26, 2016 urgently and will return on February 22, 2016. My current OPT expires on February 1, 2016 and OPT Extension status is still 'Case was received on November 9, 2015'

Please assist me with following questions,

1. When does my I-94 expires, since I have provided that information to USCIS while applying for OPT Extension. Departing from US would have any impact on I-94 investigation ?

2. I will be expediting the process on 25th Jan, since then 75 processing days will completed. So expecting my EAD by 10-11 Jan. This will be mailed to India before returning to US.  Please let me know if this is all fine.

3. What kind of risks are involved in traveling this time.

Thank you for your kind consideration into this matter and looking forward for your prompt response.

Shivanshu

Archived