Immunization issues for 485 application

dsumdm

Hello My wife is 7 months pregnant and we will be filing for 485 this month. She cant take certain vaccine as she is pregnant hence on form I693 they have checked"Applicant does not meet immunization requirement".

My am concerned what will be the impact:

1.) Will both of our application be put on hold or just my wifes?

2.) Usually RFE's need to be responded within 45 days in my case that wont be possible.

Has any one else been in similar situation pls. let me know what happened to you.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SD

Generally, it is common for women who are pregnant not to be able to take certain vaccinations. The USCIS is aware of this fact. We have filed many I-485s with the medical exam containing the doctor's notations that the required vaccinations aren't appropriate due to pregnancy. The USCIS permits these I-485 filings. Before the USCIS can approve the I-485, they will require your wife to complete all the required vaccinations. They will send a Request for Evidence (RFE), asking for an updated medical, complete with vaccinations. The USCIS will not put the principal applicant's I-485 on hold if the derivative applicant receives an RFE on this issue.

if the derivative is a few months pregnant and the principal's approval comes within 3-4 months (not completely unlikely given today's context), does the derivative go out of status as the principal will not have any longer a valid h or l status.

is it recommended to wait to file till pregnancy+nursing period are over for both the principal and the dependent's filing of 485?

Archived