What to do next for I-140 approval before March 17th 2016

Jai15

Hi, 

I am currently on 8th year of my H1B and its going to expire on March 17th 2016. Currently i don't hv I-140 approval to extend it further. My current employer applied my PERM on July 20th 2015 and i am still waiting for its approval. I had an approved I-140 under EB3 having priority date 04/29/2009, which was revoked after i joined my current employer. I think i can retain the old EB3 priority date. 

To be on safe side i applied another PERM from a small consultancy on future employment basis and it was approved on 11/20/2015. So i am not sure now what to do next. As i am only having 3 months of my H1B left, Please guide. 

is it ok to join the consultancy now? if yes i am going to loose my current employer perm and also not sure if the consultancy can get my I-140 approved before march. 

Also is it wise to wait for my current employer perm approval , not sure when it will happen. please suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

If the consulting firm Does good paper work and can prove the ability to pay u, u can have the consulting firm apply for i140 without joining the consulting firm.

Hi,

I am currently on 8th year of my H1B and its going to expire on March 17th 2016. Currently i don't hv I-140 approval to extend it further. My current employer applied my PERM on July 20th 2015 and i am still waiting for its approval. I had an approved I-140 under EB3 having priority date 04/29/2009, which was revoked after i joined my current employer. I think i can retain the old EB3 priority date.

To be on safe side i applied another PERM from a small consultancy on future employment basis and it was approved on 11/20/2015. So i am not sure now what to do next. As i am only having 3 months of my H1B left, Please guide.

is it ok to join the consultancy now? if yes i am going to loose my current employer perm and also not sure if the consultancy can get my I-140 approved before march.

Also is it wise to wait for my current employer perm approval , not sure when it will happen. please suggest.

Archived