221G White Slip Ottawa - 11/30 - Took my Passport i797, W2 and Client letters

Bharathn

Hello,

Please advise. The Visa Officer (VO) gave me a White slip 221 G but took my passport, i797, Client letter & W2s.

The white slip(https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7orewZ1JtB9RVZjNkdhaFNPWXc/view?usp=sharing) has my first name, interview date and further review check box ticked, and statement saying that it will take one more day to process. 

VO told me to email if I had any questions and nothing else.

Its been more than a day now, still have not received any email from them. Please advise what to expect.

Thank you,

Bharath 

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS. 

Hi Bharath,

Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope it gets resolved soon, There are couple more people on this forum with similar situation. Can you please elaborate your interview experience little more? Any idea what might have triggered this 221g?

Thanks

Thanks Canada_h1, for showing concern. I think I have read few more posts similar to mine, I will get in touch with them.

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS. 

Thank you Premkalyan, do you know how long the white slip route would take, generally. Will the USCIS contact my employer or only sends info to the US consulate. Please advise.

Missing PIMS could be the reason. Please advise whether that could be it? 

The VO was a "He", (but couldn't figure out clearly :D ), didn't have information about me changing employers (I assume, because of the missing PIMS), he asked several questions like:

• Why did you change the employer? (stamped something on my expired visa page in passport),
  • Since when are you working for this new employer & also for this client?
  • Why did you move that far? (Texas to New york) and
  • Why is the client letter not on company's letter head  & looks like you printed it? (to which I answered this is the letter the client issued, and the same was submitted to USCIS, of which I kept a PDF copy & printed it for the VISA interview)
  • How much do you make? (To which I answered correctly, then he asked for W2)
  • This is when he took a white sheet wrote my name and date and gave it to me
  • He also gave me passport initially, but then he said "You know what, let me have the passport", and kept it with him

This is what happened, I was in a state of confusion and disbelief, left the consulate, I ran away..as fast as I can ..literally.

This is what is shown in CEAC site, when I check my status:

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment."

Its different from what is given in the 221G White Slip. Folks, any ideas on this one?

This is what is shown in CEAC site, when I check my status:

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment."

Its different from what is given in the 221G White Slip. Folks, any ideas on this one?

Its the same for me. its also showing that...status created on 13th November and updated on 17th November. No change since then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The VO reached out to my Client manager. But, unfortunately the project was ended prematurely, due to which all contractors were laid off. This is the reason why they refused to give me the visa. The VO was kind and helpful and suggested to try and get humanity parole from US border officer, when I pleaded him to grant me a short term one, to deal with my stuff back in US.

He gave my PP and W2 back, but kept I-797. Later it was sent back to USCIS for review and at some future date that petition will be revoked.

Then I flew to India directly, was fed up with Ottawa. 

What an adventure! Lol.

Thanks everyone for trying to help out. 

Bharath.

Archived