J1 waiver of hardship

salam

I applied for waiver of hardship and USCIS required advisory opinion and sent my papers in department of state. Department of state received Form I-612 and I613 and then received letter of need one week later. For last 3 weeks no progress. I don't know what is letter of need?.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied for waiver of hardship and USCIS required advisory opinion and sent my papers in department of state. Department of state received Form I-612 and I613 and then received letter of need one week later. For last 3 weeks no progress. I don't know what is letter of need?.  

Hi Salam,

Can you please share your timeline and updates on your hardship application? What was the basis for your hardship? Thank you in advance.

Did you hear from DoS? My I-612/613 were received on Jan 4, 2016, but no update afterwards. 

thanks

Can you please share your timeline for both USCIS and DoS here? I Hi,

Last week I received the update from USCIS indicating "we requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for your Form I-612". However, no updates on my DoS status on the receipt of these docs. Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

@Zoroj,

Hi Zoroj, do you have any updates on your case lately?

On May.17th, USCIS updated my case with asking a non-USCIS advisory opinion. Until today, I haven't seen any updates on either USCIS or DOS.

Can you please share your timeline?

My case is based on hardship also :)

Thanks!

Archived