H1B Extension


Recommended Posts



I have my valid I797 till March 2016 ( earlier stamped visa expired in 2014 Sep ). My employer filed my extension last week in premium processing. Got the receipt number and is in pending decision status.


I need to go to India in Dec 1st week. I am expecting a decision before that. I will go get the stamping done with the new I797 if approved. What to do if its an RFE?


Can I go to India on the old I797 ( which was valid till March 2016) and get the stamping done on it? Is it okay to travel ?


Please advise.




Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.